Paul Bowles – Podiatrist
Paul is full time at The Foot Spot – Podiatric Medical Centre, and although he specializes in specific areas such as Sports Medicine, Biomechanics, Orthoses, Heel Pain and Foot/Ankle Surgery he is available for treatment and advice regarding any presenting problems.
- Over 20 years experience in the field of Podiatric Medicine
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Applied Science (Podiatry), a Diploma of Health Science (Podiatry) and a Masters Degree in Podiatric Medicine
- Extensive experience in all sectors of Podiatry: Academia, Public Health, Research & Private Practice
- Surgical Residency with the Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons
- International Lecturer & Presenter
- Appointed to the Advisory Board of Vasyli “Think Tank”
- Previous Academic appointment at the University of Western Sydney
- Previous Acting Head of Podiatry Program – University of Western Sydney
- Research and publication background
- Previous Director of the Australian Podiatry Association (NSW)
- Previous Director of the Australasian Podiatry Council
- Ministerially appointed to the NSW Podiatrists Registration Board as an adviser for Education Matters and S4 Prescription Drugs
- Founder and Technical Director of PORTAL Education – the worlds largest online repository of medical education
- Bowles PA, Tinley P. (2004) Comparison of 0.5% Naropin and 0.5% Marcaine plain on post-operative pain following Podiatric Surgery. Book of Abstracts The Australian Podiatry Association NSW/VIC Joint State Conference.
- Psirahmis D, Penkala S, Bowles PA. (2005) The Epidemiology of Podiatry Work Related Musculoskeletal Complaints in New South Wales. Book of Abstracts The 21st Australian Podiatry Council National Conference, Christchurch New Zealand.
- Henshaw F, Reid I, Bowles PA, Collins P, Burrows B. (2005) Diabetic Footcare in Kirribas: A needs analysis. Book of Abstracts The 21st Australian Podiatry Council National Conference, Christchurch New Zealand.
- Bowles PA, Tinley P. (2005) Preliminary findings of the Comparison of 0.5% Naropin and 0.5% Marcaine plain on post-operative pain following Podiatric Surgery – A double blinded randomised controlled trial. Book of Abstracts The Australian Podiatry Council National Conference, Christchurch New Zealand. Poster Presentation.
- Bowles PA, DeBrennan C, Reid I, Mehta A. (2005) The use of Propofol® in Podiatric Surgery. Book of Abstracts The 21st Australian Podiatry Council National Conference, Christchurch New Zealand. Poster Presentation.
- Bowles PA, Klupp N, Williams NP. (2007) An evaluation of the effects of 1:200,000 adrenaline on digital tissue perfusion during partial nail avulsion surgery – A pilot study. Book of Abstracts The 22nd Australian Podiatry Council National Conference, Hobart Australia.
- Bowles PA. (2012) Plantar Fasciosis: Intrasubstance longitudinal tear evaluation and its importance in chronic heel pain – UNPUBLISHED
- Bowles PA. (2013) Evaluation of the effects of 1064nm laser on onychomycotic nail infections – UNPUBLISHED
Current Areas of Research/Interest
- Heel Pain – Plantar fascitiis, plantar fasciosis, plantar fascial tears, plantar fibromas
- Knee Pain – Patello-Femoral pain, maltracking, knee arthritis
- Toe Joint Pain – Bunions, toe joint arthritis, 1st MTPJ dysfunction
- Lower Back Pain – Lumbar spine degenerative changes, acute pain, chronic pain
- Footwear – Kids school shoes, motion control footwear
- Sports Medicine – Running, triathlon, football/soccer injuries, tennis
Paul has an extensive interest in all areas of Podiatric Medicine.